Replace Windshield Wipers
Windshield Wiper Replacement Videos for Car
Why is it Important to Replace Wiper Blades?
Wipers blades are an important part of a vehicle especially when it comes to driving in check for extreme conditions. Usually, wiper blades are exposed to dust, dirt which can contribute to their wear & tear. Once the wipers tear they can impact visibility because of its inability to clean the windshield. Clear windshields help in better vision while driving.
How Often Do You Need to Replace Wiper Blades?
You should replace wiper blades every year. In 12 months the wiper blades face various weather which can make them fill with dirt. So should replace them each spring or fall.
Things You'll Need
Step by Step: Wiper Blade Replacement
1. First identify the size & the type of wiper which will fit your vehicle’s windshield. The vehicle’s owner manual will help you identify which type of wiper blade you will need. You will also find the step-by-step replacement instructions that are specific to your car. Depending on your vehicle you just have to replace the squeegee part with a new wiper blade insert instead of the whole blade.
2. Then find the unlatching mechanism for the blade. You can see a hook to remove and add the new blade. You might have to push a button or pull a latch to unhook.
3. Now unlatch the defective wiper blade, you can find the steps in the vehicle’s owner manual to prevent damage to the wipers.
4. You can select from the many different blades. Blades come with a rubber optimizer pad & clean the wipers for grease, oils from the rubber.
5. Be sure to remove the plastic protector from the rubber side of the wiper blade.
6. Now all you need to do is latch the new wiper blades.
What Types of Wiper Blades Do I Have?
Usually, there are three types of wiper blades:
-> Winter – These blades are very similar to simple frame style wiper blades with one difference is they come with a rubber sheath over them. It helps in easily removing ice & snow all over the windshield. These are specially designed to withstand harsh weather conditions.
-> Frame – These are the most common type of wiper blade which are easily replaceable. It is the most cost-effective replacement and these frame-style blades tend to work well in most situations.
-> Single Beam – Such wiper blades are aesthetically pleasing which don’t collect ice very easily. These are a bit expensive than the other two types & require you to replace the whole piece instead of just the squeegee part.