Kia hopped into the sedan section once again with a bang. In 2021, Kia jumped with its Forte, a compact, performance-oriented & value-focused car. With 147 HP four-cylinder engine, but its speedier GT model includes 201 HP turbocharged. Kia Forte GT is a performance-oriented vehicle that will be very much successful in the market among car lovers.
In 2021 if you are looking for a sophisticated, economical, and affordable vehicle in the sedan section which can fulfill all your needs then Kia Forte would be perfect for you. You get plenty of features with easy money. Kia showing its power with its new car establishes them once again in the market. Top features include standard Apple Carplay/Android smartphone integration, advanced safety gadget.
With the sleek look, Kia Forte will definitely look fresh with your style for many years to come. It is also being presented in a GT variant which reportedly has a better suspension than vehicles from brands in the same section of the 201 HP engine. In this competitive market for sedans, Forte has its own strengths.
What’s New in Kia Forte 2021 Model?
Kia has leaned towards the luxury segment with this model. It includes a powered sunroof, wireless charging, Harman Kardon audio system, and proper navigation, connecting routing, engine idle notification & roadside assistance.
All the GT versions now have blind-spot monitoring with rear cross-traffic alert. There is also a premium package for the GT Line Trim which now includes a 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat.
What we Like & Don’t Like About Kia Forte 2021?
What We Like
- Good Value
- Superb Warranty
- Quick Steering
- Ventilated seats available in Upper Trims
- The exciting turbocharged GT model
- Standard Android Auto & Apple CarPlay
What We Don’t Like
- Normal handling in the non-GT versions
- Constant variable transmission drones under acceleration
Standard Features to Look Out for
The new Kia Forte comes with a 2.0 liter inline 4 making 147 horsepower & 132 lb-ft of torque. With 6-speed manual transmission, CVT(Continuously variable transmission) is optional at this point. As per the Environmental Protection Agency(EPA), Forte is estimated for the FE model at 27 miles per gallon in the city & 37 miles per gallon on the highway.
Forte comes with standard driver assistance features like forwarding collision warning, lane-keeping assistance, driver attention monitoring, etc. Other top features like Adaptive cruise control, rear cross-traffic, automatic high beams help in safety while driving. The NHTSA gave Forte an overall score of 4 out of 5 which is pretty good as per the vehicle’s standards.
Behind the Wheel
If we look at Kia Forte then it is the complete package. Acceleration is fine, taking only 8.2 seconds to get from standstill to 60mph. It is not as fast as Honda Civic but it is much better than other brands like Jetta and Elantra. The upper trims also come with different drive modes: Normal, Sport, & Smart, each of which adjusts the transmission’s response accordingly.
The Forte’s interior is superb all around. It consists of an 8-inch screen perfect for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay & navigations. Kia has used a CVT in this Forte model which is quite understandable as it is inexpensive but it doesn’t work well as transmission drones under hard acceleration can become irritating.
Options in Kia Forte 2021
The 2021 Forte sedan comes in FE, GT Line, LXS, EX & GT trim levels.
- Price range – $18,855
- Cruise Control
- Rear AC vents
- Power Windows, Steering wheel with height & reach adjustment
- 8.0 infotainment Screen, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto
- 4 Speaker Audio System
- Cloth Upholstery
- Price Range – $19,755
- 60/40 split-folding rear seat
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- Selectable driving modes
- Chrome exhaust tip
- Soft-Touch Plastics
- Black bumper & grille accents
Forte GT Line
- Price Range – $21,455
- Rear Spoiler
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- LED daytime running and tail lights
- sports seats
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Lane change assistance
- 6 Speaker audio system
- Keyless entry
- Heated Side Mirror
- 10 Way power-adjustable driver’s seat with lumbar support
- Leather upholstery
- Heated/ventilated front seats
- Two USB ports
- Dual Zone automatic weather control
- Satellite radio
- Chrome Exterior details
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
Other Things to Consider
- Kia Forte has a 15.3 cubic feet trunk, marginally large by 1.4 cubic feet compared to Honda Accord.
- Every version of Forte is a front-wheel-drive including the sports GT model.
- Kia usually produces amazing cars that you can consider buying. Every car is perfect & value for money. A powertrain warranty of 10years/100,000 miles is highly reassuring.